Full course description
1-2 Hours Per Lesson
Certificate of Completion
Beginning in Genesis and continuing until God wipes away ever tear in Revelation, Suffering in Biblical Perspective will overview the biblical witness to suffering and its strategies for navigating life in a world where suffering was never meant to exist.
- Where Did It All Go Wrong?
- Abel and Joseph: Case Studies of the Righteous Suffering
- Job: A Study in the Shortcomings of Retribution Theology
- Imprecatory Psalms
- Ecclesiastes: Navigating a World Turned Upside Down
- Suffering From the Perspective of the New Testament
Meet Your Instructor
Dr. Russell L. Meek teaches Old Testament and Hebrew for Moody Theological Seminary and William Tennent School of Theology. He writes a regular column on understanding and applying the Old Testament at Fathom Magazine, and his most recent books include Ecclesiastes and the Search for Meaning in an Upside-Down World and the co-authored Book-by-Book Guide to Biblical Hebrew Vocabulary. Russ lives with his wife and their three sons in north Idaho, where you’ll find them gardening, cooking, and exploring the wild.